Thursday, July 4, 2013

What's New!

In February, the ladies said, "We want to learn something new." They had some ideas of some new things, all of which included a new product, like a gift bag or a picture frame.

I had been thinking about some of those same things, but felt like I wanted to increase their artistry in the products we are making.

So, I asked them, "How about we learn to block print?"

This went over hugely.  So for months now, I have been learning how to do it myself, gathering supplies, figuring out how to tackle this mountain of a new thing.

Today, we started.

It was just incredible to see their creativity seeping out.  I had gathered about a dozen different used blocks at random wood shops.  They all wanted to try every one.  I thought it would take us weeks to get them to the point of being able to print well enough to start making cards and journals.  But they picked it up really quickly, and had a fantastic time.  They all said, "Bohout acha laga!" (I really like it!)

I had to pry the blocks out of their hands to show them how to wash them and care for them when the work is finished.

I can't wait to get some of these back to the states for you all to enjoy!



















1 comment: